Friday, February 24, 2006

I don't want to dream

I have begun to dream…don’t know if its true
For I dream in my dreams…haven’t a clue
It’s a dilemma… I’ve been trying to fight this enchanting plight
Culling emotions these ethereal manifestations expedite

Why me…I ask of them…let my mind be free
Cluttered with spikes…it has lost all its symmetry
Why ask us they say…your mind is your own
Why blame us if its imagination prone

I could swear I met Alice in wonderland
I have crossed the Rubicon, even surfed on the Arabian sand
I have been in Pele’s shoes, in Presley’s grooves
Forget it…start afresh the morning behooves….

That essentially captures it…my pain…the strain
What is that I dreamt…ladies and gentlemen did you know…ABEL slew CAIN!
I still don’t know if this development would benefit me
I have resorted though to a great dreamer’s autobiography…

This is what he says…it’s like walking on a thousand shattered pieces of glass
Doesn’t take people long to realize you belong to the fools’ class
There are few though who polish the glass under there feet
They are then admired and placed in the elite…

Inspiring words…sans motivation though
I could do without dreams I know
I could do without being the emperor or a superhero
I could do without starting every time on zero…


I am therefore I think…..

1 comment:

Cinderella said...

A seemingly intelligent and insightful post.Nice lines.