Friday, April 14, 2006

last semester blues...

I swear…

By unseen faces and unheard places
By butts and buttresses
By demure dilettantes and their elaborate dresses…

By keen vigilantes and their stares
By the piano and musical chairs
By elevators and the bygone stairs

I swear…

By the parachutes and hot air balloons
By my friends and …buffoons
By the love letters and the different moons…

By the speed of light and summer heat
By the torn jeans and naked feet
By the kisses stolen down the ‘one way street’

I swear…

By the beer bottles and paathshalas
By the ‘angel eyes’ and late night galas
Let me not forget the so-called ‘madhubalas’…

By the classroom jokes and chocolate cakes
By the ‘people of fashion’ and the rakes
By the originals and the fakes

I swear…

By the times I felt alone
By the conversations on the phone
By my sweetheart and her finicky chaperone…

By the fast bikes and speedy cars
By the ‘body builders’ and ‘drug czars’
By the ‘hackers’ and my soccer ‘yaars’

I swear…

By the expeditions and the photos
By the ‘group leaders’ and their vetoes
By the ‘flirts’ and their false kudos…

By the slogans on the t shirt and the tattoos on the arm
By the teasers and taunts which meant no harm
By the skirts so hot and the smiles so warm


I shall never forget…these times I spent
I wish I could stay…buy time on rent
But I see moments disappear…as new ones take their place
I will collect all the beads I can…and then string myself a necklace…

5 comments:

Shishir said...

wow...awsome...just abt 15 days left in my last sem. and in a sense feels as if time is slipping by...its wonderful what u wrote..even i can't forget these times i spent....which college r u in..and hey thanks for for ur comment

styleguy said...

"I shall never forget…these times I spent
I wish I could stay…buy time on rent
But I see moments disappear…as new ones take their place
I will collect all the beads I can…and then string myself a necklace…"

Beautifully summed up man...you have really brought back some fond memories...Kudos to you and your blogs..:-)...wl keep coming back.

Cinderella said...

Nice lines...and must say yet another fantastic post coming up on wistful nostalgia.
'Ve been reading a lotta nostalgic posts lately,whats the matter...something in the air...??

Cinderella said...

College days are such fun,sans those deadlines,submissions,seminars,exams....ofcourse.But tell you what even they have a streak of pleasantness about them.Too bad to endure and too good to let go.I'm gonna hate it when I'l bid adieu to my alma matter,I know so do you.

Cinderella said...

And oh forgot to say what I'd come for...thnx for dropping by.