Saturday, May 26, 2007

discovery in bedlam...

the eyes liaison with the heart, the tambourine follows the beat
the houris perform the samba, the bartenders regale those who meet
i spot a man, who stands alone, a tweed jacket adorns him
the silhouttes rob him from my sight, as the lights fade to dim

the burning towers light up, the piano roars up a carnival
the faces are redolent as if seen everyday, my curiosity stages a rivival
i look through the crowd, sifting through every visage, every vestige
a whimsical desire rages in me, conspiring against my prestige

ensconced in me the spirits take charge, the gopher set to barge
my mind so depraved, but my tongue so chaste, i cache all surge of urge
as a man on business i survey, my faculties fixed on the man
with a sudden turn, a ingenious manoeuvre, i trap him, holler in elan

the beats fall into decadence, the atmosphere descends the slide
denied the orgasm, they now stare, wrath burns them from inside
i hold my pose, bewildered, for i realize i stare at a mirror
i owe one to the ecdysiast, her panache redirects their fervor

they take me for a lunatic, my friend on the stage deserves the attention now
the music rolls back again, the strippers orchestrate a wow
i feel flinched of my pride, feel like counterfeit, like sham
i still like to think, that day i found myself, in the bedlam...

No comments: