Sunday, November 25, 2007

Window...

What could I pay for your innocence; you repudiate pride
What could I write, you’ll burn my letters
What could I play, you’ve forgotten the hymns
What could I give, you’ve savoured the world

Into the sun I look, I know you look back
I throw pebbles at you; at least I can touch you
Every face talks, as if you speak to me
Every flower blooms as if you reach out

I sing to you, my echo resonates
I scream to you, and you thunder
You allow the rain on me to hide my tears
I have a friend I believe, who doesn’t say much

Every morning, you are my diamond
You are my liaison, my hope at night
You are my cinema, my airplane
You are the window in my prison cell

3 comments:

Posterori said...

Sounds Sufi... almost... you just need to add something about the intoxicating wine and the luscious grapes.
Nice... by the way...

Whatever said...

awesome as ever....

SiD said...

Getting to see a new side to you...
badi bhaari bharkam poetry karta hai yaar!!!
Just curious - what is the inspiration here???