Sunday, January 13, 2008

the beach out of reach...

Recover, whispered the waves as they capsized
Rise, demanded the sun as it beamed in my eyes
The sand coalesced under me to efface my depressions
While I carried my spirit, the zephyr lifted my expressions

Cocooned, I lay absorbing the hymns of liberty
Marooned, I lay performing the rescue act
Extinguished, I lay burning candles on the sand
Alone, I lay connecting the stars which shined for me

The moon, the maria, the hysteria of the tide
The nakedness which knew no disgrace
A soul on a beach who felt everything
A soul on a beach who didn’t feel a thing

Humbled by the infinity I stood, my pride stood next to me
The oscillating waters burgeoned, yearned to be free
I denied them the touché, to preserve the feigned elusiveness
Only to surrender to their mercy, being tossed about in effusiveness

Horizons converged or so they seemed, a celebrated liberation
Diffusion of illusion, a perfect allusion, an imperfect ejaculation
I sat in and stared out, sat out and stared in
All I could see is the hollowness I lived in

No comments: