Wednesday, February 27, 2008

presumption...

The sun sets across a straw field, an eagle soars to soak the remnants of the day
The camera refuses to shut shop, leaves under my feet rustle in a boisterous fray
The serene landscape stretches before me, my eyes sensitive to any vagary
None was to come though, for the placid setting rested in gratifying slavery

I was curious what the seagull could see, would it notice me in the shallows
I was curious what the ocean could hear, would it listen over its bellows
The misty air reeked of personality, a personality that secure and smug
I was curious if I was a part of it, or apart as an over zealous passing slug

I trade secrets with the rocks, while the sea punishes them for their resilience
The beach smiles, the dimples trap in the water; exciting the sea, instigating its belligerence
I walk, I can see the surfeit sand adjoining a ravaging ocean, and I am caught in between
Time wages this war, humbles me by its omnipresence; demolishes the hidden preen

Imperative it would be for every particle here to travel, claim its fate
As I have come from over the mountains to share my story and wait
But the charm holds all of them; the water renders them heavy with errand
And my sermons fall to deaf ears, for none moves to take my hand

A thousand suns shine on me; my imagination has never been so bright
A thousand friends await me, my travels have never been so fulfilling
Yet I fascinate the lonely beach, 'everyone' here seeks redemption
And I sit here on a thousand dreams, thinking it is only a presumption

No comments: